200g unsalted butter
300g plain flour
tsp of milk (only if mixture is dry)
1. Leave butter out for ten mins. (to soften)
2. Pre-heat oven to 160c/gas 3.
3. Add sugar to bowl.
4. Cut butter into cubes and add to sugar.
5. Mix well.
6. Add flour.
7. At this point its better to use hands. (for mixing)
8. Once all mixed together try not to handle mixture. (it will go too soft as your hands will melt the butter)
9. Roll out and cut into shapes.
10. Place onto a butter greased baking tray.
11. Put in the oven for 15-20 mins.